A parallel programming language and description of scheduler
A new parallel processing language and a scheduling algorithm for parallel processing systems are introduced. The design objectives of the language are clarity, understandability and modifiability. Considering these objectives, we give frameworks of the language. In this language, an algorithm and its constraints are described separately, and hierarchical structure of a problem decomposition is described explicitly. We also give a scheduling algorithm in which processing states are considered. As the state change incurs overheads, the scheduler makes trade-off between wating time of tasks and total loss. Finally, we describe the outline of the scheduler in this language for comprehension of both the language and the scheduler.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- HANSEN P.B. (1974). Concurrent Pascal: A Programming Language for Operating System Design. Information Science Technical Report, no.10. April 1974.Google Scholar
- HOARE C.A.R. (1974). An Operating System Structuring Concept. Comm. ACM, Vol.17, no.10. October 1974.Google Scholar
- HANSEN P.B. (1973). Operating System Principles. Prentice-Hall 1973.Google Scholar
- HANSEN P.B. (1975). The Programming Language Concurrent Pascal. IEEE Trans. on Software Engineering, Vol.SE-1,No.2. June 1975.Google Scholar
- HANSEN P.B. (1976). The Solo Operating System. Software-Practice and Experience, Vol.7, No.2. 1976.Google Scholar
- WIRTH N. (1977). Modula: A Language for Modular Multiprogramming. Software-Practice and Experience, Vol.7, No.1. 1977.Google Scholar
- HOARE C.A.R. (1978) Communicating Sequential Processes. Comm. ACM, Vol.21, No.8. August 1978.Google Scholar
- DIJKSTRA E.W. (1976). A Discipline of Programming. Prentice-Hall, Series in Automatic Computation, 1976.Google Scholar
- HANSEN P.B. (1978). Distributed Processes — A Concurrent Programming Concept. Comm. ACM, Vol.21,No.11. 1978.Google Scholar
- ANDREWS G.R., AND MCGRAW J.R. (1977). Language Features for Process Interaction. Proc. of an ACM Conf. on Language Design for Reliable Software. 1977.Google Scholar