Tools for numerical software engineering
We have described how NAG's own experience in using software tools has led to our involvement in the formation of Toolpack. Our belief is that if Toolpack succeeds in its aims, the programming environment provided for the FORTRAN user will be considerably enhanced. That environment for most users at present consists largely of a FORTRAN compilation system and a general purpose system text editor. Toolpack offers the prospect of a number of additional supporting facilities which will make FORTRAN software easier to develop and maintain.
KeywordsSoftware Tool FORTRAN Program Source Text Bell Laboratory Numerical Software
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- HAGUE, S.J. "Software Tools", In Numerical Software — Needs and Availability, Ed. D.A.H. Jacobs, Academic Press, pp 57–79, 1979Google Scholar
- STANDISH T.A., KIBLER D.F. and NEIGHBOUR J.M. "Improving and refining programs by program manipulation, Proceedings of ACM annual conference, Houston, Texas, pp 509–516, 1976Google Scholar
- BOYLE J.M. and MATZ M., Automating multiple program realisation, Proceedings of Computer Software Engineering Symposium, New York., 1976Google Scholar
- RYDER, B.G. The PFORT Verifier, Software Practice and Experience, No. 4, pp 359–377, 1974Google Scholar
- DORRENBACHER J., PADDOCK D., WISNESKI D. and FOSDICK L.D. POLISH — A FORTRAN Program to Edit FORTRAN Programs, Department of Computer Science Report #CU-CS-050-74, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1974.Google Scholar
- The NAG FORTRAN Library Manual, Mark 8 Published (1980) by Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd., 7 Banbury Road, Oxford, U.K.Google Scholar
- FORD B., BENTLEY J., DU CROZ J.J. and HAGUE S.J., Preparing the NAG Library, This Volume.Google Scholar
- RICHARDSON M.G. and HAGUE S.J. The Design and Implementation of the NAG Master Library File System, Software — Practice and Experience, Vol. 7 No. 1, pp 127–137, 1977.Google Scholar
- FOSDICK L.D. BRNANL — A FORTRAN Program to Identify Basic Blocks in FORTRAN Programs, Department of Computer Science Report #CM-CS-040-74, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1974.Google Scholar
- COWELL W.R. and MILLER W.C. The Toolpack Prospectus Argonne National Laboratory, Applied Mathematics Division, Report TM-341, 1979.Google Scholar