Computer-based documentation for the NAG library
The Numerical Algorithms Group (NAG) develops and distributes a numerical software library in three languages on many machine ranges. We describe the plan by which computerised techniques were introduced for the production of the extensive documentation that supports the NAG Library: in essence the development of a single documentation data base intended for computer type-setting, but from which a form suitable for on-line display can be derived.
Keyphrasesnumerical software library computer-based documentation on-line documentation computer type-setting Numerical Algorithms Group (NAG) TSSD
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- FORD, B., BENTLEY, J., DU CROZ, J.J. & HAGUE, S.J., "Preparing the NAG Library", This Volume.Google Scholar
- NAG FORTRAN Library Manual, Mark 7. NAG Central Office, Oxford, 1979.Google Scholar
- HAGUE, S.J. & FORD, B. "Portability — Prediction and Correction", Software Practice and Experience, Volume 6, No. 1, January, 1976.Google Scholar
- HOPPER, M.J. "TSSD, a typesetting system for scientific documents", AERE-R 8574, (13), HMSO, London, 1976.Google Scholar
- HOPPER, M.J. "Enhancements to TSSD", Harwell internal note, May, 1978.Google Scholar
- NUGENT, S.M. "The Cuneiform Extractor Program", NAG Internal Note, NAG Central Office, Oxford, 1979.Google Scholar