Nonradiative recombination at deep impurity levels in p-type Hg1–xCdxTe
In summary, we have applied various deep level spectroscopy techniques to characterize nonradiative recombination centers at near mid-gap and at 3/4 Eg in p-type Hg1-xCdxTe for 0.2 < x < 0.4. The near mid-gap center D1 in bulk grown p-tpye Hg1-xCdxTe has a density proportional to the number of acceptors present which are Hg+ vacancies. This D1 center determines the excess carrier lifetime in bulk grown p-type Hg1-xCdxTe.
KeywordsDeep Level Carrier Lifetime Minority Carrier Lifetime Thermally Stimulate Current Nonradiative Recombination Center
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /1/.D.L. Polla and C.E. Jones, Solid State Comm. 36, 809 (1980)Google Scholar
- /2/.D.L. Polla and C.E. Jones, J. Appl. Phys. 52, 5118 (1881)Google Scholar
- /3/.D.L. Polla and C.E. Jones, J. Appl. Phys. 51, 6233 (1980)Google Scholar
- /4/.D.L. Polla, R.L. Aggarwal, J.A. Mroczkowsk1, J.F. Stanley and M.B. Reine, 4th International Conference on the Physics of Narrow Gap Semiconductors, Linz, Austria, September 1981Google Scholar
- /5/.D.L. Polla, S.P. Tobin, M.B. Reine, and A.K. Sood, J. Appl. Phys. 52, 5182 (1981)Google Scholar
- /6/.J.A. Mroczkowsk, J.F. Shanley, M.B. Reine, P. Lovecchio, and D.L. Polla,Appl. Phys. Lett. 38, 261 (1981)Google Scholar
- /7/.D.L. Polla, M.B. Reine, A.K. Sood, P. Lovecchio, C.E. Jones, and M.W.Scott, Solid State Electron. 24, 719 (1981)Google Scholar
- /8/.H.R. Vydyanath, J. Electrochem. Soc. 129, (1982)Google Scholar
- /9/.D.L. Polla, R.L. Aggarwal, J.A. Mroczkowski, D.A. Nelson, J.F. Shanley, and M.B. Reine, to be publishedGoogle Scholar