Microwave and far infrared magnetotransmission studies in Hg1−xMnxSe
The method of helicon-excited EPR is used to measure the dynamic magnetic susceptibility of Hg1−xMnxSe as a function of x, using 35 GHz microwaves. For low x, six well-resolved hyperfine structure lines are observed, but fine structure is not resolved. In addition, far-infrared magnetotransmission measurements were carried out on Hg1−xMnxSe with x = 0.03. The electric-dipole-excited spin resonance and the combined resonance were clearly observed. The data is quantitatively interpreted in terms of the Pidgeon-Brown model, modified to include the spin-spin exchange interaction of Mn++ ions with band electrons.
KeywordsLandau Level Static Susceptibility Fine Structure Splitting Hyperfine Splitting Constant Dynamic Magnetic Susceptibility
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. K. Furdyna, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 37, 462 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.R. T. Holm and J. K. Furdyna, Solid State Commun. 15, 1459 (1974); Phys. Rev. B 15, 844 (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.D. P. Mullin and J. K. Furdyna, Phys. Rev. B 24, 355 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Falkowski, Acta. Physics Polonica 32, 831 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.R. E. Kremer and J. K. Furdyna (unpublished).Google Scholar
- 6.H. K. Fun, R. L. Mieher, Y. K. Aggarwal and J. K. Furdyna (unpublished).Google Scholar
- 7.C. R. Pidgeon and R. N. Brown, Phys. Rev. 146, 575 (1966); W. Leung and L. Liu, Phys. Rev. B 8, 3811 (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.G. Bastard, C. Rigaux, Y. Guldner, J. Mycielski and A. Mycielski, J. de Phys. 39, 87 (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.J. A. Gaj, R. Planel and G. Fishman, Solid State Commun. 29, 435 (1979).Google Scholar
- 10.M. Dobrowolska, W. Dobrówolski and A. Mycielski, Solid State Commun. 34, 441 (1980).Google Scholar
- 11.K. Pastor, M. Jaczynski and J. K. Furdyna, Phys. Rev. B (to be published).Google Scholar
- 12.P. Byszewski, M. Z. Cieplak and A. Mongird-Górska, J. Phys. C 13, 5383 (1980).Google Scholar