Band structure of cubic and rhombohedral GeTe
The pseudopotential method is used to obtain the band structure and electronic density of states for both cubic and rhombohedral GeTe. We find that the minimum energy gap occurs along the line LK. Our calculations also show that the rhombohedral distortion lowers the electronic energy. In addition the reflectance spectra are obtained for the cubic GeTe and compared with experimental data.
KeywordsForm Factor Band Structure Reflectance Spectrum Band Structure Calculation Rhombohedral Structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P.B. Allen and M.L. Cohen, Phys. Rev. 177 (1969) 704.Google Scholar
- L. Esaki, J. Phys. Soc. Japan Supplement 21 (1966) 589.Google Scholar
- M. Cardona and D.L. Greenway, Phys. Rev. 133 (1964) A1685.Google Scholar
- N.J. Shevchik, J. Tejeda, D.W. Langer and M. Cardona, Phys. Stat. Sol. (b)57 (1973) 245.Google Scholar
- M.L. Cohen, Y.W. Tung and P.B. Allen, J. de Physique 29 (1968) C4–163.Google Scholar
- G. Ciucci and G.F. Nardelli, Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors. Editor: M.H. Pilkuhn, Stuttgart 1974.Google Scholar
- H. Neumann and A. Kosakov, Acta Physica Polonica A55 (1979) 779.Google Scholar
- T.B. Zhukova and A.I. Zaslavskii, Sov. Phys.-Crystallogr. 12 (1967) 28.Google Scholar
- L.M. Falicov and S. Colin, Phys. Rev. 137 (1965) A871.Google Scholar
- Y. Ota and S. Rahii, Physics of IV–VI Compounds and Alloys. Editor Sohrab Rabii, Cordon and Breach 1974.Google Scholar
- J. Rath and A.J. Freeman, Phys. Rev. B11 (1975) 2109.Google Scholar