High resolution magneto-optical studies of free and bound hole excitations in InSb
Intraband transitions of bound and free holes have been studied in p-InSb using high-resolution magneto-optical methods. The data provide an excellent basis fox the determination of valence band parameters, because many transitions are observed, extending to high energies deep into the bands, and providing a precise measure of anisotropy. A set of parameters for the 8 × 8 modified Pidgeon and Brown band model has been determined from a fit to the data.
KeywordsFree Hole Bound Hole Intraband Transition Excellent Basis Hole Excitation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).C. R. Pidgeon and R. N. Brown, Phys. Rev. 146 (1966)575.Google Scholar
- 2).M. H. Weiler, J. Mag. and Mag. Matls. 11 (1979)131.Google Scholar
- 3).R. Grisar, H. Wachernig, G. Bauer, J. Wlasak, J. Kowalski, and W. Zawadski, Phys. Rev. B18 (1978)4355.Google Scholar
- 4).C. L. Littler, D. G. Seiler, R. Kaplan, R. J. Wagner, and W. Zawadski, Sol. St. Comm. 37 (1981)783.Google Scholar
- 5).E. J. Johnson and H. Y. Fan, Phys. Rev. 139 (1965)1991.Google Scholar
- 6).R. Kaplan, Phys. Rev. Lett. 20 (1968)329.Google Scholar