Far-infrared studies of the bound and free carriers in n-InSb as a function of hydrostatic pressure
The cyclotron resonance and the shallow donor impurity spectra of InSb are studied as a function of hydrostatic pressure and the results compared with calculations based on a four-band model. The deepest of common effective mass donors behaves extremely anomalously and this is interpreted as a level crossing interaction between the P point state and a resonant state of the same impurity associated with higher conduction band minima. The shift in cyclotron resonance frequency induced by pressure is well explained by the four-band model. There is a substantial narrowing of both cyclotron resonance and impurity lines with pressure.
KeywordsCyclotron Resonance Resonant State Shallow Donor Nato Advance Study Institute Calculated Transition Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).F.Bassani and G.Pastori Parravicini: “Electronic states and optical transitions in solids” (1975) Pergamon Press.Google Scholar
- 2).S.Porowski, L.Konzewicz, M.Konczykowski, R.Aulombard and J.L.Robert: Proc.15th.Int.Conf.Phys.Semi, Kyoto (1980) p271.Google Scholar
- 3).S.Porowski, M.Konczykowski and J.Chroboczek: phys.stat.sol.(b) 63 (1974) 291; L.Dmowski, M.Konczykowski, R.Piotrzkowski and S.Porowski: phys.stat.sol.(b),73 (1976) K131.Google Scholar
- 4).R.Kaplan, R.A.Cooke, R.A.Stradling: Sol.State Comm. 26 (1978) 741.Google Scholar
- 5).A.M.Davidson, P.Knowles, P.Makado, R.A.Stradling, S.Porowski and Z.Wasilewski: “Physics in high magnetic fields”, Solid State Sciences 24, (1981) p84 (Springer Verlag)Google Scholar
- 6).M.Altarelli and G.Iadonisi: 11 Nuovo Cimento 5B (1971) 21.Google Scholar
- 7).W.Zawadzki and J.Wlasak: Inst.Phys.Conf.Ser. No.43 (1979) p413.Google Scholar
- 8).R.Kaplan: Springer-Verlag Lecture notes in Physics 133 (1980) Narrow Gap Semiconductors Physics and Applications p138.Google Scholar
- 8a).W.Zawadzki: “Theoretical Aspects and New Developments in Magnetooptics” Nato Advanced Study Institute Series B60 Antwerp (1980) p347.Google Scholar
- 9).E.Gornik, A.M.Davidson, P.Knowles, S.Porowski, R.A.Stradling and Z Wasilewski: to be published.Google Scholar