Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 115)
Absolute primality of polynomials is decidable in random polynomial time in the number of variables
Let F be a n-variate polynomial with deg F = d over an infinite field k0. Absolute primality of F can be decided randomly in time polynomial in n and exponential in d5 and determinalistically in time exponential in d6 + n2 d3.
KeywordsPrime Ideal Arithmetical Operation Polynomial Ring Zero Divisor Quantifier Elimination
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Heintz, J.: Definability Bounds of First Order Theories of Algebraically Closed Fields (Abstract). Proc. Fundamentals of Computation Theory FCT'79 (1979), p. 160–166.Google Scholar
- ": " (1977) (unpublished).Google Scholar
- ": Towards a Decision Procedure for Prime Ideals in Polynomial Rings. Report on the 1979 Oberwolfach Conference on Complexity Theory, (1979).Google Scholar
- ", Schnorr, C.P.: Testing Polynomials which are Easy to Compute. 12 th Annual Symp. ACM on Computing, (1980), p. 262–272.Google Scholar
- ", Wüthrich, R.: An Efficient Quantifier Elimination Algorithm for Algebraically Closed Fields of Any Characteristic. SIGSAM Bull. Vol. 9, No 4, (1975), p. 11.Google Scholar
- Herrmann, G.: Die Frage der endlich vielen Schritten in der Theorie der Polynomideale. Math. Ann. 95 (1926), p. 736–788.Google Scholar
- Kendig, K.: Elementary Algebraic Geometry. New York, Springer Verlag, (1970).Google Scholar
- Lang, S.: Introduction to Algebraic Geometry. New York, Interscience, (1964).Google Scholar
- Šafarevič, I.R.: Osnovy Algebraičeskoj Geometrii. Moskva, Nauka, (1972). English Translation: Basic Algebraic Geometry. Springer Verlag, (1974).Google Scholar
- Seidenberg, A.: Constructions in Algebra. Trans. AMS, Vol. 194, (1974), p. 273–313.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1981