Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics book series (LNP, volume 141)
A fractional volume of fluid method for free boundary dynamics
KeywordsFree Boundary Cylindrical Column Fluid Configuration Transient Fluid Flow Initial Perturbation Amplitude
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Harlow, F. H. and Welch, J. E., 1965, “Numerical Calculation of Time-Dependent Viscous Incompressible Flow,” Phys. Fluids 8, 2182; Welch, J. E., Harlow, F. H., Shannon, J. P., and Daly, B. J., 1966, “The MAC Method: A Computing Technique for Solving Viscous, Incompressible, Transient Fluid Flow Problems Involving Free Surfaces,” Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory report LA-3425.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Hirt, C.M., Nichols, B. D., and Romero, N. C., 1975, “SOLA — A Numerical Solution Algorithm for Transient Fluid Flows," Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory report LA-5852.Google Scholar
- Hirt, C. W. and Nichols, B. D., 1980, “Volume of Fluid (VOF) Method for the Dynamics of Free Boundaries,” J. Comp. Phys., accepted for publication.Google Scholar
- Martin, J. C. and Moyce, W. J., 1952, Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc., London, A244, 312.Google Scholar
- Nichols, B. D. and Hirt, C. W., 1980, “Numerical Simulation of BWR Vent-Clearing Hydrodynamics,” Nuc. Sci. Engr. 73, 196.Google Scholar
- Nichols, B. D., Hirt, C. W., and Hotchkiss, R. S., 1980, “SOLA-VOF: A Solution Algorithm for Transient Fluid Flow with Multiple Free Boundaries,” Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory report LA-8355.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1981