On the use of some almost sure graph properties
This paper deals with some almost sure graph properties. A very efficient algorithm is given which yields a sample graph from the uniform distribution on the set of all connected graphs of given size n. An almost surely canonical graph labelling and an algorithm which tries to find a Hamiltonian cycle in a given graph are discussed.
KeywordsConnected Graph Random Graph Hamiltonian Cycle Graph Property White Ball
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AV79]Angluin, D., L.G. Valiant, Fast Probabilistic Algorithms for Hamiltonian Circuits and Matchings, Proc. Ninth ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (1977)Google Scholar
- [BE80]Babai, L., and Erdös, P., Random Graph Isomorphism, SIAM J. Comp., to appearGoogle Scholar
- [BK79]Babai, L., and Kucera, L., Canonical Labelling of Graphs in Linear Average Time, Proc. 20th Annual IEEE Conf. on the Theory of Computing, Puerto Rico, Oct. 1979Google Scholar
- [BO79]Bollobas, B., Graph Theory, An Introductory Course, Springer, New York (1979)Google Scholar
- [ER60]Erdös, P., and Renyi, A., On the Evolution of Random Graphs, Publ. Math. Inst. Hung. Acad. Sci. 5 (1960), 17–61Google Scholar
- [KA76]Karp, R.M., The Probabilistic Analysis of Some Combinatorial Search Algorithms, Algorithms and Complexity: New Directions and Recent Results, J.F. Traub. ed., Academic Press (1976)Google Scholar
- [KA79]Karp, R.M., Probabilistic Analysis of a Canonical Numbering Algorithm for Graphs, Proc. Symposia in Pure Math. 34 (1979)Google Scholar
- [KO76]Korsunov, A.D., Solution of a Problem of Erdös and Renyi on Hamiltonian Cycles in Nonoriented Graphys, Soviet Math. Dokl., Vol. 17 (1976), 760–764Google Scholar
- [PO76]Posa, L., Hamiltonian Circuits in Random Graphs, Discrete Math. 14 (1976), 359–364Google Scholar
- [TI80]Tinhofer, G., Zufallsgraphen, Carl Hanser Verlag, München 1980Google Scholar