On a generalization of heaps
The concept of ‘heap’ is generalized with respect to the representation of arbitrary partial orders. Lower complexity bounds for find-operations as well as delete — insert — operations in generalized heaps are given. Some special partial orders are analysed.
KeywordsPartial Order Search Structure Complete Binary Tree Chain Partition Finite Directed Graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aho, A.V., J.E. Hopcroft and J.D. Ullman: "The design and analysis of computer algorithms", Addision-Wesley, Reading 1976.Google Scholar
- Blum, M.: "A machine independent theory of the complexity of recursive functions", JACM, 14, 1967.Google Scholar
- Jacobs, K.: Selecta Mathematica I, Springer, Heidelberg, 1969.Google Scholar
- Munro, J.J. and H. Suwanda: "Implicit Data Structures", Proc. 11th Annual ACM STOC, Atlanta 1979.Google Scholar
- Noltemeier, H.: "Dilworth's theorem and lower complexity bounds in implicit data structures", Proc. V. Symposium on Oper. Research, Cologne 1980.Google Scholar
- Paul, W.: Komplexitätstheorie; Teubner, Stuttgart 1978.Google Scholar
- Snyder, L.: "On Uniquely Represented Data Structure", Proc. 18th IEEE Symp. on FOCS, 1977.Google Scholar