Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics book series (LNP, volume 136)
Turbulent structures in wall-bonded shear flows observed via three-dimensional numerical simulations
KeywordsLaminar Boundary Layer Subgrid Scale Turbulent Channel Flow Vortex Filament Wall Unit
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. WRAY AND M. Y. HUSSAINI, “Numerical Experiments in Boundary-Layer Stability, AIAA Paper 80-0275, AIAA 18th Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Pasadena, Calif., 1980.Google Scholar
- 3.L. S. G. KOVASZNAY, H. KOMODA, AND B. R. VASUDEVA, “Detailed Flow Field in Transition,” Proceedings of the 1962 Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics Institute, 1962, pp. 1–26.Google Scholar
- 4.A. LEONARD, “Vortex Simulation of Three-Dimensional, Spotlike Disturbances in a Laminar Boundary Layer,” in Turbulent Shear Flows II, L. J. S. Bradbury et al., eds., Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1980, pp. 67–77.Google Scholar
- 5.A. LEONARD, J. Comput. Phys. (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.M. GAD-EL-HAK, R. F. BLACKWELDER, and J. J. RILEY, “A Visual Study of the Growth and Entrainment of Turbulent Spots,” Proceedings of IUTAM Symposium on Transition, Stuttgart, Germany, 1979.Google Scholar
- 10.J. KIM and P. MOIN, “Large Eddy Simulation of Turbulent Channel Flow — ILLIAC IV Calculation,” Proceedings of AGARD Symposium on Turbulent Boundary Layer — Experiment, Theory, and Modelling, The Hague, Netherlands, Sept. 24–27, 1979.Google Scholar
- 11.P. MOIN, W. C. REYNOLDS, and J. H. FERZIGER, “Large Eddy Simulation of Incompressible Channel Flow,” Report No. TF-12, Mechanical Engineering Department, Stanford U., Stanford, Calif., 1978.Google Scholar
- 15.N. N. MANSOUR, P. MOIN, W. C. REYNOLDS, and J. H. FERZIGER, “Improved Methods for Large Eddy Simulations of Turbulence,” in Turbulent Shear Flows I, F. Durst et al., eds., Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1979, pp. 386–401.Google Scholar
- 17.O. J. McMILLAN and J. H. FERZIGER, “Direct Testing of Subgrid Scale Models,” AIAA Paper 79-072, New Orleans, La., 1979.Google Scholar
- 18.J. BARDINA, J. H. FERZIGER and W. C. REYNOLDS, “Improved Subgrid-Scale Models for Large-Eddy Simulation," AIAA Paper 80-1357, Snowmass, Colo., 1980.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1981