Outlook for studies of Gamma-Gamma collisions at PEP
A preview of the two-photon physics that can be expected to result from the initial PEP program is presented. The experimental detectors are discussed with emphasis placed on their capabilities and limitations to do studies of gamma-gamma interactions.
KeywordsDrift Chamber Central Detector High Transverse Momentum Forward Spectrometer Photon Structure Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Jenni, invited talk to this conference.Google Scholar
- 2.Computer routines contained in the library AXOLIB where used to compute these rates. SeeGoogle Scholar
- 2b.J. Smith, J.A.M. Vermaseren, and G. Grammer, Phys. Rev. D 15, 3220 (1977).Google Scholar
- 3(b).K. Kajantie, Helsinki preprint, HU-TFT 79-5 K. Kajantie and R. Raitio, Helsinki preprint HU-TFT 79-13Google Scholar
- 4.PEP Proposal PEP-9 (1976) Addendum to Proposal PEP-9 (1977)Google Scholar