A system for proving equivalences of recursive programs
Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 87)
We present a system for proving equivalences of recursive programs based on program transformations, namely the fold/unfold method and a generalisation of this method.
KeywordsFunction Symbol Program Transformation Recursive Program Initial Algebra Directed Subset
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ADJ "Initial algebra semantics and continuous algebras", J. of ACM, 24, 1, pp. 68–95 (1977)Google Scholar
- J. Arsac, Y. Kodratoff "Some methods for transformation of recursive procedures into iterative ones", LITP Report, Université Paris VI (1979)Google Scholar
- D. Begay, L. Kott "Preuve de programme sans induction", 5th Coll. de Lille, Rapport de l'Université de Poitiers (1980)Google Scholar
- G. Boudol, L. Kott "Recursion induction principle revisited", submitted to TCS (1980)Google Scholar
- B. Courcelle "Infinite trees in normal form and recursive equations having a unique solution", L.A. 226 Report 79-06, Université de Bordeaux (1979)Google Scholar
- B. Courcelle, M. Nivat "Algebraic families of interpretations", 17th FOCS, Houston (1976)Google Scholar
- M. Feather "ZAP program transformation system", Ph. D. Thesis, Edinburgh University (1979)Google Scholar
- I. Guessarian "Semantic equivalence of program schemes and its syntactic characterisation", 3rd ICALP, Edinburgh (1976)Google Scholar
- G. Huet, B. Lang "Proving and applying program transformations with second order patterns", Acta Inf., 11, pp. 31–55 (1978)Google Scholar
- L. Kott "About transformation system: a theoretical study" in "Transformations de Programmes", B. Robinet ed., pp. 232–247 (1978)Google Scholar
- L. Kott "Des substitutions dans les systèmes d'équations algébriques sur le magma", Doctoral Dissertation, Université Paris VII (1979)Google Scholar
- L. Kott "Second order subtree replacements", submitted to 21st FOCS (1980)Google Scholar
- Z. Manna, R. Waldinger "Knowledge and reasoning in program synthesis", Artif. Intel. J., 6, 2, pp. 175–208 (1975)Google Scholar
- J. Mac Carthy "A basis for a mathamatical theory of computation", in "Computer Programming and Formal Systems" (1963)Google Scholar
- M. Nivat "Interprétation universelle d'un schéma de programme récursif", Informatica, 7, 1, pp. 9–16 (1977)Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1980