A generalized zooming technique for pictorial database system
This paper describes a generalized zooming technique which can be used for flexible information retrieval and manipulation for pictorial database system. The design of an integrated pictorial database system to support generalized zoom is also described.
KeywordsImage Plane Physical Picture Elementary Relation Image Store Frame Buffer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.[CHANG 77] S. K. Chang, J. Reuss, and B. H. McCormick, "An Integrated Relational Database System for Pictures," Proceedings of 1977 IEEE Workshop on Picture Data Description and Management, Chicago, Illinois, April 21–22, 1977, 142–149.Google Scholar
- 2.[CHANG 76a] S. K. Chang, M. O'Brien, J. Read, R. Borovec, W. H. Cheng, and J. S. Ke, "Design Considerations of a Database System in a Clinical Network Environment," Proc. of National Computer Conference, 277–286, New York, June 1976.Google Scholar
- 3.[CHANG 76b] T. L. Chang, "Similarity Measures," Proceedings of Third International Joint Conference on Pattern Recognition, San Diego, California, November 1976.Google Scholar
- 4.[CODD 70] E. F. Codd, "A Relational Model of Data for Large Shared Data Banks," Communications of the A.C.M., Vol. 13, No. 6, June 1970.Google Scholar
- 5.[FU 74] K. S. Fu, Syntactic Methods in Pattern Recognition, Academic Press, 1974.Google Scholar
- 6.[KUNII 74] T. S. Kunii, S. Weyl, and J. M. Tenenbaum, "A Relational Database Schema for Describing Complex Pictures with Color and Texture," Proceedings of the Second International Joint Conference on Pattern Recognition, Lyngby-Copenhagen, Denmark, August 1974.Google Scholar
- 7.[MCKEOWN 77] D. M. McKeown, Jr. and D. R. Reddy, "A Hierarchical Symbolic Representation for an Image Database," Proceedings of IEEE Workshop on Picture Data Description and Management, Chicago, April 21–22, 1977, 40–44.Google Scholar
- 8.[REUSS 77a] J. L. Reuss, "Introduction to the Image Store Management System," Technical Report, Knowledge Systems Laboratory, University of Illinois at Chicago Circle, March 1, 1977.Google Scholar
- 9.[REUSS 77b] J. L. Reuss, S. K. Chang, and B. H. McCormick, "Picture Paging for Efficient Image Processing," in this volume.Google Scholar
- 10.[WALSER 78] R. Walser, et. al., "RAIN Version 2 Specification," Technical Report of Knowledge Systems Laboratory, KSL-20, September 1978.Google Scholar