Renormalization group approach to the hierarchical model
The Hierarchical Model is a one dimensional ferromagnetic spin model with long range forces . Using the invariance of this model under a suitable renormalization group , we analyse the temperature behavior of the system . In particular , we prove the existence of a non-trivial fixed point and compute its critical indices using a local linearization of the renormalization transformation around the fixed point . Some global results ( cross-over ) are also described , and they provide a description of the phases near the critical point . This talk summarizes some of the results of joint work with J-P.Eckmann [C.E.].
KeywordsRenormalization Group Hierarchical Model Unstable Manifold Stable Manifold Critical Index
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Ba]G.A.BAKER: Ising model with a scaling interaction. Phys. Rev. B 5, 2622 (1972).Google Scholar
- [C.E.]P.COLLET,J-P.ECKMANN: A renormalization group analysis of the Hierarchical Model in statistical mechanics. Lecture Notes in Physics N° 74, Springer, Berlin Heidelberg, New York, 1978.Google Scholar
- [C.E.H.]P.COLLET,J-P.ECKMANN,B.HIRSBRUNNER: A numerical test of Borel summability in the e-expansion of the Hierarchical Model. Physics Letters 71B 385 (1977).Google Scholar
- [Dy]F.J.DYSON: An Ising ferromagnet with discontinuous longrange order. Commun.Math.Phys. 21 269 (1971).Google Scholar
- [G.L.]L.D. LANDAU: Collected papers by L.D. Landau, ed. D. ter Haar, Gordon and Breach New York (1975).Google Scholar
- [K.W.]J. KOGUT,K.G.WILSON: Phys. Rep. 12C (1974).Google Scholar
- [L.Z.]S.LOJASIEWICZ,E.ZEHNDER: An inverse function theorem in Frechet-spaces preprint Bochum (1977).Google Scholar
- [M.M.S.]A.MESSAGER,S.MIRACLE-SOLE: Equilibrium states of twodimensional Ising model in the two-phase region Commun.Math.Phys. 40 187 (1975).Google Scholar
- [Ru]D.RUELLE: Statistical Mechanics. W.A.Benjamin inc, New York (1969).Google Scholar