Algebraic approach to hadrons without seeing quarks
Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics book series (LNP, volume 94)
Spectrum Generating Groups
KeywordsMass Formula Charmed Quark Level Realization Nonet Meson Ground State Baryon
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Oneda, in Proceedings of INS International Symposium on New Particles and the structure of Hadrons, Tokyo, 1977 edited by K. Fujikawa et. al. (Institute for Nuclear Study, University of Tokyo) p. 94. S. Oneda and Seisaku Matsuda, in Fundamental Interactions in physics, 1973, Coral Gables Conference, edited by B. Kursunoglu and A. Perlmutter (Plenum, New York, 1973,. 175. Exhaustive references were given there.Google Scholar
- 2.S. Okubo, Phys. Rev. 16D, 2336 (1977) and the references cited there.Google Scholar
- 3.For somewhat similar non-perturbation theoretic approaches to broken SU(3) (SU(4),...), see for example, A. Bohm and J. Werle, Nucl. Phys. Bl06, 165 (1976) and A. Bohm and R. B. Teese, Phys. Rev. Lett. 38, 629 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.H. L. Hallock and S. Oneda, Phys. Rev. D18, 841 (1978), and H. L. Hallock and S. Oneda, SU(3) in the world of more than three quarks — derivation of nonet structure and quark-line rule. Phys. Rev. in the press.Google Scholar
- 5.Actually Eq. (6) coincides with one of the three (two of them are useless) 15-plet mass formula derived in the early work on SU(4). However, the 15plet assumption is certainly not realistic. B. J. Bjorken and S. L. Glashow Phys. Rev. Lett. 11, 255 (1964); D. Amati, H. Bacry, J. Nuyts and J. Prentki, Nuovo Cimento 34, 1732 (1964); R. E. Marshak, S. Okubo and J. H. Wojtaszek, Phys. Rev. Lett. 15, 464 (1965); G. Karl, Nuovo Cimento, 38A, 315 (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.This result is different from the usually favored choice θ ≅ 10°.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Oneda, T. Tanuma and Milton D. Slaughter, to be published.Google Scholar
- 8.Seisaku Matsuda and S. Oneda, Phys. Rev. D5, 2287 (1972) and Milton D. Slaughter and S. Oneda, Phys. Rev. D14, 1314 (1976).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1979