SU(2) harmonic analysis as a basis for quantization
This is a brief review of (i) Carmeli's method of formulation and quantization of fields in terms of functions over the group SU(2); (ii) Work by Barut, Carmeli and the present author on applications of the method to Maxwell's equations, Weyl's equation, Dirac's equation and the linearized equations of General Relativity.
KeywordsInvariant Measure Present Author Commutation Relation Dirac Equation Electromagnetic Radiation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Carmeli, J. Math. Phys. 10, 569 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Carmeli, Nuovo Cimento B67, 103 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Aharonov and G. Carmi, Found. Phys. 4, 75 (1974); 3, 493 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Aharonov and D. Bohm, Phys. Rev. 115, 485 (1959).Google Scholar
- 5.A.O. Barut and S. Malin, Found. Phys. 5, 375 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Malin, J. Math. Phys. 16, 679 (1975).Google Scholar
- 7.A.O. Barut, M. Carmeli and S. Malin, Ann. Phys. (NY) 77, 454 (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Malin, Phys. Rev. D8, 2338 (1974).Google Scholar