Superunified theories in superspace
The structure of superunified theories in superspace is discussed from the point of view of local gauge invariance. It is shown that the same two requirements which lead to the correct description of gravity determine the structure of these theories. In particular, all the transformation laws of the fields follow from geometry.
KeywordsGauge Group Gauge Field Supergravity Theory Supersymmetry Transformation Internal Symmetry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).See, e.g., F. Mansouri, Phys. Rev. D16, 2456 (1977). Our earlier works can be traced from this article.Google Scholar
- (2).For other attempts, see Y. Neeman and T. Regge, Phys. Lett. 74B, 54 (1978); S. W. MacDowell, unpublished.Google Scholar
- (3).L. N. Chang and F. Mansouri, Phys. Rev. D17, 3168 (1978); Phys. Lett. B, in press.Google Scholar
- (4).F. Mansouri, Proceedings of Johns Hopkins workshop, G. Domokos and S. Kovesi-Domokos Editors, April, 1978.Google Scholar
- (5).See also F. Gürsey and L. Marchildon, Phys. Rev. D17, 2038 (1978).Google Scholar
- (6).L. N. Chang, K. Macrae, and F. Mansouri, Phys. Rev. D13, 235 (1976); F. Mansouri and L. N. Chang, Phys. Rev. D13, 3192 (1976).Google Scholar
- (7).A. Trautman, Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 262, 241 (1975).Google Scholar
- (8).For other ways of enforcing interlocking see reference 1 and F. Mansouri and C. Schaer, in preparation.Google Scholar
- (9).For other superspace formulations see, e.g., J. Wess and B. Zumino, Phys. Lett. 66B, 361 (1977); and L. Brink et al, Phys. Lett. 74B, 336 (1977); W. Siegal and J. Gates, Harvard preprint, 1978; R. Arnowitt and P. Nath, Northeastern preprint, 1978.Google Scholar
- (10).M. Gell-Mann, et al, Caltech preprint, Sept., 1978.Google Scholar
- (11).A. Salam and J. Strathdee, Phys. Rev. 11D, 1521 (1975).Google Scholar