Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics book series (LNP, volume 71)
Convection in the helium flash
The evolution of a star through the helium flash depends upon uncertain aspects of convection theory. Observations place some constraints on the theory of convection in stellar cores.
KeywordsConvective Zone Globular Cluster Supernova Remnant Degenerate Electron Burning Region
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ALLEN, C. W., 1973. Astrophysical Quantities, 3rd ed., Athlone Press, LondonGoogle Scholar
- EDWARDS, A. C., 1975. M. N. R. A. S. 173, 207Google Scholar
- EGGLETON, P. P., 1971. M. N. R. A. S. 151, 351Google Scholar
- EGGLETON, P. P., 1972. M. N. R. A. S. 156, 361Google Scholar
- WICKETT, A. J., 1976. The Hydrodynamics of the Helium Flash, D. Phil. thesis, University of OxfordGoogle Scholar
- ZIMMERMANN, R. E., 1970. The Hydrodynamics of a Helium Shell Flash in a Star of one Solar Mass, Ph. D. thesis, University of California, Los AngelesGoogle Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1977