Some side effects of striving for portability
Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 57)
KeywordsMachine Parameter Floating Point Floating Point Number Float Point Arithmetic Numerical Software
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Atkins III, D. E. and Garner, H. L. (Eds.): Special Section on Computer Arithmetic. IEEE Transactions on Computing C-22, Number 6 (June 1973).Google Scholar
- 2.Cody, W. J.: Desirable Hardware Characteristics for Scientific Computation: A Preliminary Report for the SIGNUM Board of Directors. ACM SIGNUM Newsletter 6 (1971), 16.Google Scholar
- 3.Cody, W. J.: Machine Parameters for Numerical Analysis. This Volume, 1977.Google Scholar
- 4.Heller, D.: A Survey of Parallel Algorithms in Numerical Linear Algebra. Department of Computer Science, Carnegie-Mellon University (February 1976).Google Scholar
- 5.Knuth, D. E.: The Art of Computer Programming. Volume 2/ Seminumerical Algorithms. Reading, Massachusetts: Addison-Wesley Publ. Co. (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.Shriver, B. D.: System Design for Scientific Computation. A. Gunther et al. (Eds.): International Computing Symposium 1973, p. 211. Amsterdam: North-Holland Publ. Co. (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.Sterbenz, P. H.: Floating-Point Computation. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall, Inc. (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.Wilkinson, J. H.: Rounding Errors in Algebraic Processes. London: Her Majesty's Stationery Office (1963).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1977