On finite and infinite computations
In the present paper we shall try to characterize the properties of programmable functions and relations over some relational structures. The structures which constitute the major part of our investigations are the fields of real and complex numbers. We shall deal with some general questions concerning the elimination of while-statements. It will be shown that this elimination is possible for a wide class of programs over fields which satisfy a certain algebraic condition.
KeywordsAlgebraic Varie Recursive Function Programmable Function Open Formula Partial Recursive Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Engeler, Algorithmic properties of structures, Math. Sys. Th. 1 (1967)Google Scholar
- 2.N. Jacobson, Lectures in abstract algebra, Van. Nost. Comp. (1951)Google Scholar
- 3.D. Kfoury, Comparing algebraic structures up to algorithmic equivalence, Proc. Ist Coll. Aut. Lan. Prog., North Holl. (1972)Google Scholar
- 4.A. Kreczmar, On infinite sets of polynomial relations, Bul. Acad. Pol. Sc. Ser. Astr. Math. Phys. 25 (1977)Google Scholar
- 5.A. Kreczmar, Programmability in fields, Fundam. Infor. /to appear/Google Scholar
- 6.H. Rogers, Jr., Theory of recursive functions and effective computability, McGraw-Hill Comp., (1967)Google Scholar