Program structure analysis in a global optimization
We described the solution of the analysis problem in the BETA multi-language system. The key moment here is joining the analysis algorithms at the isolated stage of the optimization phase. From our point of view, such a stage is necessary in any well-developed optimizing compiler for finding information and control connections and frequency relations between program objects. This stage can be considered as a result of applying to the optimization phase such an universal optimization algorithm as "unloading of repeated parts".
Further, the described information can be used not only for the needs of optimization but also in program debugging, verification, desequentialization, etc. Thus, there are ample opportunities for application of the above analysis algorithms.
KeywordsBasic Block Operator Scheme Call Statement Optimization Phase Program Scheme
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A.P. Ershov (Ed.). ALPHA — an automatic programming system. Academic Press, London, 1971.Google Scholar
- 2.F.E.Allen. Program optimization. Annual Review in Automatic Programming, Vol.5, Pergamon, N.Y., 1969.Google Scholar
- 3.P.B.Schneck and W.C.Medlock. Object code optimization. Comm. ACM, Vol.12, No.1, 1969.Google Scholar
- 4.V.V. Grushetsky, A.P. Ershov, S.B. Pokrovsky, I.V. Pottosin. Decomposition, synthesis and optimization methods in a many-language programming system. Elektronische Informationsverarbeitung und Kybernetik, Heft 4–6, 1975.Google Scholar
- 5.G.G. Stepanov. Generation methods in a multi-language programming system. Ibid.Google Scholar
- 6.A.P. Ershov, S.B. Pokrovsky, V.K. Sabelfeld. Internal language in a multi-language programming system as a mean of a formalization of the semantics of source languages. Ibid.Google Scholar
- 7.V.N. Kasyanov. Some properties of fully reducible graphs. Information Processing Letters, No.2, 1973.Google Scholar
- 8.A.P. Ershov. On program schemata over common and distributed memory. Kibernetika, No.4, 1968.Google Scholar
- 9.I.V. Pottosin. Global optimization: a practical approach. In these Proceedings.Google Scholar
- 10.V.N. Kasyanov. On finding arguments and results of statements in schemata with indirect addressing. Programmirovaniye, No. 1, 1976.Google Scholar
- 11.V.N. Kasyanov. Distinguishing hammocks in a directed graph. Soviet Math. Dokl., Vol. 16, No. 2, 1975.Google Scholar