Group structure for classical lattice systems of arbitrary spin
We equip lattice systems of arbitrary spin with group structures. Harmonic analysis is used to derive low and high temperature expansions of the partition function as well as duality relations among different models.
The Asano contraction is formulated without using the Griffiths transformation into an equivalent spin 1/2 system. A necessary and sufficient condition is given to obtain the partition function as the Asano contraction of smaller systems. For a given system with spin p > 1/2, the group structure is not unique. The consequences of this fact are discussed in the case of spin 1 models for which we give analyticity domains.
KeywordsPartition Function Group Structure Fourier Coefficient Duality Relation Arbitrary Spin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Gruber, A. Hintermann, H.P.A. 47, (1974), 67Google Scholar
- A. Hintermann, C. Gruber, in preparation.Google Scholar
- K.Y. Millard, K.S. Viswanathan, J.M.P. 15, (1974), 1821.Google Scholar
- J. Slawny, Ferromagnetic Spin Systems at Low Temperature,preprint.Google Scholar
- D. Ruelle, Com. Math. Phys. 31, (1973), 265.Google Scholar
- J.L. Lebowitz, G. Gallavotti, J.M.P. 12, (1971), 1129.Google Scholar
- S. Sarbach, F. Rys, Phys. Rev. B, 7, (1973), 3141.Google Scholar