Induction from a normal nilpotent subgroup
The problem of the factors systems involved in the induction procedure (in the sense of Mackey) for the unitary representations of group extensions, is considered for the case where the normal subgroup is a nilpotent Lie group. A useful explicit expression is given for these factor systems which becomes especially simple for a large class of such extensions.
KeywordsNormal Subgroup Unitary Representation Factor System Coset Space Irreducible Unitary Representation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).G. Frobenius, Sitz. Preus. Akad. Wiss. (1898), pp 501–515Google Scholar
- (3).for a review of the theory see for example G.W. Mackey, Lecture notes, U.P. Oxford (1971)Google Scholar
- (4).G.W. Mackey, Acts. Math. 99, 265 (1958)Google Scholar
- (5).A. Guichardet, Seminaire Bourbaki 1962/63, 249Google Scholar
- (6).A. Kirillov, Uspekhi Math. Nauk. 17, 57 (1962)Google Scholar
- (7).J. Dixmier, Can. J. Math. 10, 321 (1958)Google Scholar
- (8).N. Giovannini, Elementary particles in external e.m. fields Preprint June 1975,(to be published)Google Scholar
- (9).N. Giovannini, Induction from a normal nilpotent subgroup, Preprint September 1975, (to be published).Google Scholar