Surface waves and surface resonances in heavy-ion reactions
The relations between surface waves, rainbows and refractive shadows are examined. These all appear to be Regge-pole phenomena, which seem to play a major dynamical role in heavy-ion transfer reactions and backward-hemisphere α-scattering.
KeywordsSurface Wave Angular Distribution Regge Pole Optical Potential Rotational Band
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1. a)
- 1. b)L. W. Put and A. M. J. Paans, Phys. Letters 49B (1974) 266.Google Scholar
- 1. c)D. A. Goldberg, S. M. Smith and G. F. Burdzik, Phys. Rev. C (to be published).Google Scholar
- 3. a)J. Knoll and R. Schaeffer, Saclay preprints.Google Scholar
- 3. b)W. E. Frahn, Extended Seminar on Nuclear Physics, International Atomic Energy Agency, Trieste, 1973.Google Scholar
- 3. c)
- 4.R. C. Fuller, private communication.Google Scholar
- 5.J. T. Londergan, private communication.Google Scholar