Folded potentials for the description of heavy ion elastic scattering and transfer reactions
We present a simple model for the heavy ion optical potential based on the convolution of target and projectile densities with a suitably chosen nucleon-nucleon effective interaction. This model is shown to be appropriate for a number of low energy peripheral processes, such as elastic scattering and one and two particle transfer reactions. Application of the method to cluster states in light nuclei and relativistic heavy ion interactions is also considered.
KeywordsElastic Scattering Optical Potential Tail Region Folding Model Peripheral Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.B. Tatischeff and I. Brissaud, Nucl. Phys. A155 (1970) 89; A.M. Bernstein and W.A. Seidler, Phys. Letters 34B (1971) 569; P. Mailandt, J.S. Lilley and G.W. Greenlees, Phys. Rev. Letters 28 (1972) 1075; Phys. Rev. C 8 (1973) 2189; R.S. MackIntosh, Nucl. Phys. A210 (1973) 245; L. West, S. Cotanch and D. Robson in Proceedings of Munich Conference (1973), Vol. I, p. 383.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.G.R. Satchler, Invited talk at International Conference on Reactions Between Complex Nuclei, Nashville, Tennessee June 1974.Google Scholar
- 7.B. Buck, C.B. Dover and J.P. Vary (to be published).Google Scholar
- 10.J.P. Vary and C.B. Dover, invited paper for the Second High Energy Heavy Ion Summer Study, Lawrence Berkeley Lab (July 15–26, 1974)Google Scholar
- 11.C.B. Dover and J.P. Vary (to be published).Google Scholar
- 12.J. Negele, private communication.Google Scholar
- 14.E.H. Auerbach et al., Phys. Rev. Letters 30 (1973) 1078; M.J. Schneider et al., Phys. Rev. Letters 31 (1973) 320; C. Chasman, S. Kahana and M. Schneider, Phys. Rev. Letters 31 (1973) 1074; P. Bond et al., Phys. Letters 47B (1973) 231; M.J. Levine et al., to appear in Phys. Rev. Comments.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.D.A. Goldberg and S.M. Smith, Phys. Rev. Letters 29 (1972) 500; D.A. Goldberg, S.M. Smith and G.F. Burdzik, University of Maryland Technical Report No. 74-107, June (1974) and private communication.Google Scholar
- 17.K. Nagatani et al., Phys. Rev. Letters 31 (1973) 250.Google Scholar
- 18.C.B. Dover, P. Moffa and J.P. Vary (in preparation).Google Scholar