Design of optimal incomplete state feedback controllers for large linear constant systems
In this paper the theory of linear optimal output feedback control is investigated in relation to its applicability in the design of high-dimensional linear multivariable control systems. A method is presented which gives information about the relative importance of the inclusion of a state vector element in the output feedback. The necessary conditions of the optimization problem are shown to be a set of linear/quadratic algebraic matrix equations. Numerical algorithms are presented which take account of this linear/quadratic character.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.P.J. McLane, Linear optimal stochastic control using instantaneous output feedback. Int. J. Contr. 13 (1971), 383–396.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Axsäter, Sub-optimal time-variable feedback control of linear dynamic systems with random inputs. Int. J. Contr. 4 (1966), 549–566.Google Scholar
- 9.D.G. Luenberger, Optimization by vector space methods. Wiley, N.Y. 1969Google Scholar
- 10.M.C. Pease, Methods of matrix algebra. Academic Press, New York 1965.Google Scholar
- 12.H. Kwakernaak, R. Sivan, Linear optimal control systems. Wiley-Interscience, New York 1972.Google Scholar
- 13.B.D.O. Anderson, J.B. Moore, Linear optimal control. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1971.Google Scholar
- 17.O.H. Bosgra, Application of optimal output control theory to a model of external power station boiler dynamic behaviour. Report N-95, Lab. Meas. Contr., Delft Univ. Techn., Stevinweg 1, Delft, The Netherlands, 1973.Google Scholar
- 18.E.J. Davison, N.S. Rau, The optimal output feedback control of a synchronous machine. IEEE Trans. Pow. App. Syst. 90 (1971), 2123–2134.Google Scholar
- 19.M. Ramamoorty, M. Arumugam, Design of optimal constant-output feedback controllers for a synchronous machine, Proc. IEE 119 (1972), 257–259.Google Scholar