A new feature selection procedure for pattern recognition based on supervised learning
Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 3)
KeywordsFeature Vector Feature Selection Distance Criterion Feature Selection Technique Pattern Vector
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Fukunaga, K.: Introduction to statistical pattern recognition, The Macmillan Company, New York, (1972)Google Scholar
- 3.Kittler, J.: On Linear Feature Selection. Technical Report of Cambridge University Eng. Dept., CUED/B-Control/TR54 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.Kittler, J., Young, P.C.: A new approach to feature selection based on the Karhunen-Loeve expansion, Jnl. Pattern Recognition (to be published, 1973).Google Scholar
- 5.Mendel, J.M., Fu, K.S.: Adaptive, Learning and Pattern Recognition Systems, Academic Press, New York (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.Niemann, H.: An Improved Series Expansion for Pattern Recognition, Nachrichkentechn, Z, pp. 473–477, (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.Sebestyen, G.S.: Decision Making Processes in Pattern Recognition, the Macmillan Company, New York (1962).Google Scholar
- 8.Watanabe, S.: Computers and Information Science II, Academic Press, New York (1967).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1973