Identification of systems subject to random state disturbance
A theory of identification of a class of linear systems — lumped and distributed — in the presence of state or process noise. As a specific application, the problem of of identifying aircraft stability — control derivatives in turbulence is considered, and results obtained on actual flight data are included.
KeywordsWiener Process Positive Definiteness Flight Control Flight Data Volterra Operator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Forrester, J.W.: “World Dynamics,” Wright-Allen Press, 1971.Google Scholar
- 2.Proceedings of the Second IFAC Symposium on Identification and Process Parameter Estimation, Prague, Czechoslovakia, June 1970.Google Scholar
- 3.Balakrishnan, A.V.: Identification and Adaptive Control: An Application to Flight Control Systems, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, March 1972.Google Scholar
- 4.Balakrishnan, A.V.: Identification and Adaptive Control of Non-dynamic Systems, Proceedings of the Third IFAC Symposium on Identification and Process Parameter Estimation, June 1973.Google Scholar
- 5.Gohberg, I., and Krein, M.G.: Volterra Operators, AMS Translations, 1970.Google Scholar
- 6.Balakrishnan, A.V.: On the Approximation of Ito Integrals using Band-limited Processes (to be published, SIAM Journal on Control, February 1974).Google Scholar
- 7.Balakrishnan, A.V.: Modelling and Identification Theory: A Flight Control Application, in “Theory and Applications of Variable Structure Systems,” Academic Press, 1972.Google Scholar
- 8.Balakrishnan, A.V.: Stochastic Differential Systems, Vol. 84, Lecture Notes on Economics and Mathematical Systems, Springer-Verlag, 1973.Google Scholar
- 9.Balakrishnan, A.V.: “System Theory and Stochastic Optimization,” in “Network and Signal Theory,” Peter Peregrinns Ltd., 1972.Google Scholar
- 10.Balakrishnan, A.V.: Introduction to Optimization Theory in a Hilbert Space, Lecture Notes on Operations Research and Mathematical Systems, Vol. 42, Springer Verlag, 1971.Google Scholar
- 11.Iliff, K.W.: Identification and Stochastic Control, An Application to Flight Control in Turbulence, UCLA Ph.D Dissertation, 1973.Google Scholar