The mixing of scalar stripes by an isotropic ensemble of single velocity modes
Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics book series (LNP, volume 12)
KeywordsScalar Field Isotropic Turbulence Eulerian Frame Turbulence Generate Grid Heat Grid
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Batchelor, G. K. Proc. Cambr. Phil. Soc. 48, 345 (1952).Google Scholar
- Corrsin, S. & Karweit, M. J. Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 13, 805 (1968).Google Scholar
- Corrsin, S. & Karweit, M. J. ( submitted to J. Fluid Mech., 1971).Google Scholar
- Mills, R. R. & Corrsin, S. “ Effect of Contraction on Turbulence and Temperature Fluctuations Generated by a Warm Grid,” N. A. S. A. Memo 5-5-59W (1959).Google Scholar
- Mills, R. R.,Kistler, A. L., O'Brien, V. & Corrsin, S. “ Turbulence and Temperature Fluctuations behind a Heated Grid,” N. A. C. A. Tech. Note 4288 (1958).Google Scholar
- O'Brien, E. E.“On the Behavior of Passive Scalars in a Turbulent Fluid,” unpub. rep. Coll. of Eng'g, State Univ. of N. Y. at Stony Brook(1963).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1972