Virtual Prototyping of a New Parallel Robot for Milling
In the paper, the mechatronic procedure toward parallel robots development with special emphasis placed on the virtual prototyping stage was described on the example of a new 3-DOF parallel manipulator design. For this manipulator, two dynamic models were created and verified: multibody model for simulating the manipulator’s dynamic behaviour and the analytical, structural one, for designing of a controller. An initial controller was virtually designed and experimentally tested with physical prototype of the manipulator. The performance of this initial controller is sufficient for conducting identification experiment, which is needed for more advanced nonlinear control strategies.
KeywordsParallel Manipulator Virtual Prototype Parallel Robot Mechatronic System Prismatic Joint
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Craig, J.J. (1989), Introduction to Robotics: Mechanics and Control. Addison-Wesley.Google Scholar
- Iserman R. (2003), Mechatronic Systems: Fundamentals, Springer.Google Scholar
- Lisowski, W. (2000), Problems of Robots’ Manipulators modelling, Wyd. KRiDM AGH, (in Polish).Google Scholar
- Merlet, J.-P. (2000), Parallel Robots, Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar
- Petko, M., Karpiel, G., Prusak, D. & Martowicz, A. (2004), Kinematics of the new type 3-DOF parallel manipulator, PAK, 5/2004, pp. 25–28 (in Polish).Google Scholar
- Tsai, L.-W. (1999), Robot Analysis: the Mechanics of Serial and Parallel Manipulators, John Wiley & Sons.Google Scholar
- Zaeh, M.F. & Baudisch, T. (2003) Simulation environment for designing the dynamic motion behaviour of the mechatronic system machine tool, Proc. Instn Mech. Engrs, 217:1031–1035.Google Scholar