Improvement of Positioning Accuracy of PAMINSA (Parallel Manipulator of the I.N.S.A.)
In this paper we present new design approaches for the positional accuracy improvement of the 4-DOF parallel manipulator PAMINSA. The particularity of this manipulator is the decoupling of displacements in the horizontal plane from its translation along the vertical axis. The positioning errors caused by the inclination of the platform relating to the base are cancelled by means of two different approaches. The first solution is realized by means of two correcting systems mounted on the drive system of the vertical displacements. The second solution is carried out by a correcting mass mounted on the platform. The suggested solutions are illustrated by the numerical examples and the performances of such a design are shown.
KeywordsHorizontal Plane Vertical Displacement Drive System Parallel Manipulator Position Accuracy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kong, X. and Gosselin, C. M. (2002). A class of 3-dof translational parallel manipulator with linear input/output equations. Proceesings of the Workshop on Fundamental Issues and Future Research for Parallel Mechanisms and Manipulators, Québec City, Quebec, Canada, 25–32.Google Scholar
- Gosselin, C. M., Kong, X., Foucault, S. and Bonev, I. A. (2004). A fully decoupled 3-dof translational parallel mechanism. Parallel Kinematic Machines International Conference, Chemnitz, Germany, 595–610.Google Scholar
- Carricato, M. and Parenti-Castelli, V. (2004). On the topological and geometrical synthesis and classification of translational parallel mechanisms”, Proceedings of the 11th World Congress in Mechanism and Machine Science, Tianjin, China, 1624–1628.Google Scholar
- Bouzgarrou, B. C, Fauroux, J. C, Gogu, G., and Heerah, Y. (2004). Rigidity analysis of T3R1 parallel robot with uncoupled kinematics. Proceedings of the 35 th International Symposium on Robotics, Paris, France.Google Scholar
- Arakelian, V., Guegan, S., Briot, S. (2005). Static and dynamic analysis of the PAMINSA, Proceedings of the ASME 2005 IDETC/CIE Conference, September 24–28, Long Beach, California USA.Google Scholar
- Arakelian, V., Maurine, P., Briot, S., Pion, E. (2005) Parallel robot comprising means for setting in motion a mobile element split in two separate subassemblies, WO2006021629, 2006-03-02.Google Scholar
- Arakelian, V., Guegan, S., Briot, S., J. Le Flecher (2005). Design and prototyping of new 4, 5 and 6 degrees of freedom parallel manipulators based on the copying properties of the pantograph linkage. Proceedings of the 36 th International Symposium on Robotics, November 29–December 1, Tokyo, Japan.Google Scholar
- Meggiolaro M. and Dubowsky S. Improving the positioning accuracy of powerful manipulators with application in nuclear maintenance (2001). Anais do 16 Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Mecânica (COBEM), Robotics and Control, Vol. 15, pp. 210–219, ABCM, Uberlândia.Google Scholar
- Oiwa T. Accuracy improvement of parallel kinematic machine (2002). Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Mechatronics Technology, September 29–October 3, Kitakyushu, JAPAN.Google Scholar