Emerging infectious diseases: the public’s view of the problem and what should be expected from the public health community
KeywordsWest Nile Virus Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome West Nile Virus Infection Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Outbreak
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (1999) Ten Great Public Health Achievements — United States, 1900–1999. MMWR 48: 241–243Google Scholar
- 3.World Health Organization (2004) The World Health Report 2004: Changing history. World Health Organization, GenevaGoogle Scholar
- 6.World Health Organization (2004) Outbreak news: Avian influenza A (H5N1). Wkly Epidemiol Rec 79: 65–70Google Scholar
- 7.Smolinski MS, Hamburg MA, Lederberg J (eds) for the Committee on Emerging Microbial Threats to Health in the 21st Century, Board on Global Health, Institute of Medicine (2003) Microbial threats to health: emergence, detection, and response. The National Academies Press, Washington DCGoogle Scholar
- 8.Lederberg J, Shope RE, Oaks SC Jr (eds) for the Committee on Emerging Microbial Threats to Health, Division of Health Sciences Policy, Division of International Health, Institute of Medicine (1992) Emerging infections: microbial threats to health in the United States. National Academy Press, Washington DCGoogle Scholar
- 9.International Society for Infectious Diseases. ProMed-mail available at http://www.promedmail.org/pls/askus/f?p=2400:1000Google Scholar
- 10.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2003) Update: outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome — worldwide. MMWR 52: 241–248Google Scholar
- 11.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2003) Severe acute respiratory syndrome — Singapore, 2003. MMWR 52: 405–411Google Scholar
- 15.World Health Organization (2003) Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) — Multicountry outbreak — Update 41, April 28, 2003. Available at http://www.who.int/csr/don/2003_04_28/en/Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag/Wien 2005