An Adaptive Neural System for Financial Time Series Tracking
In this paper, we present a neural network based system to generate an adaptive model for financial time series tracking. This kind of data is quite relevant for data quality monitoring in large databases. The proposed system uses the past samples of the series to indicate its future trend and to generate a corridor inside which the future samples should lie. This corridor is derived from an adaptive forecasting model, which makes use of the walk-forward method to take into account the most recent observations of the series and bring up to date the values of the neural model parameters. The model can serve also to manage other time series characteristics, such as the detection of irregularities.
KeywordsTime Series Data Time Series Forecast Financial Time Series Future Sample Data Quality Assessment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Donoho, D. (2000) High-Dimensional Data Analysis: The Curses and Blessings of Dimensionality. Lecture for the American Math. Society “Math Challenges of the 21st Century”Google Scholar
- Eckerson, W. (2001) Data Quality and the Bottom Line. Report from “The Data Warehousing Institute”Google Scholar
- Chatfield, C. (1984). Analysis of Time Series. Chapman and HallGoogle Scholar
- Box, G., Jenkins, G. (1970). Time Series Analisys, Forecasting and Control. Holden DayGoogle Scholar
- Haykin, S. (1999). Neural Networks-a Comprehensive Foundation, 2nd ed. Prentice-HallGoogle Scholar