Organocatalytic Syntheses of Bioactive Natural Products
The current scope and limitations of organocatalytic reactions and the consequences for the strategic planning of natural product syntheses are discussed. Examples from our group include the total synthesis of UCS1025A and lepidopteran sex pheromones.
KeywordsMaleic Anhydride Kinetic Resolution Alder Reaction Horse Chestnut Michael Acceptor
I would like to thank the Fonds der Chemischen Industrie for a Liebig fellowship, the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft for funding (SPP1179 Organokatalyse) and Prof. Dieter Enders for his encouragement and support.
- de Figueiredo RM, Christmann M (2007) Organocatalytic synthesis of drugs and bioactive natural products. Eur J Org Chem 2575–2600Google Scholar
- de Figueiredo RM, Voith M, Fröhlich R, Christmann M (2007b) Synthesis of a Malimide Analogue of the Telomerase Inhibitor UCS1025A Using a Dianionic Aldol Strategy. Synlett 391–394Google Scholar
- Deschka G, Dimic N (1986) Cameraria ohridella sp. n. (Lep., Lithocolletidae) from Macedonia, Yugoslavia. Acta Ent Jugosl 22:11–23Google Scholar
- Evans DA, Barnes DM, Johnson JS, Lectka T, von Matt P, Miller SJ, Murry JA, Norcross RD, Shaughnessy EA, Campos KR (1999) Bis(oxazoline) and bis(oxazolinyl)pyridine copper complexes as enantioselective Diels–Alder catalysts: reaction scope and synthetic applications. J Am Chem Soc 121:7582–7594CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Münch A, Wendt B, Christmann M (2004) A Mannich-cyclization approach for the asymmetric synthesis of saturated N-heterocycles. Synlett 2751–2755Google Scholar
- Nakai R, Ogawa H, Asai A, Ando K, Agatsuma T, Matsumiya S, Akinaga S, Yamashita Y, Mizukami T (2000) UCS1025A, a novel antibiotic produced by Acremonium sp. J Antibiot 53:294–296Google Scholar
- Rudler H, Denise B, Xu Y, Parlier A, Vaissermann J (2005) Bis(trimethylsilyl)ketene acetals as C,O-dinucleophiles: one-pot formation of polycyclic γ- and δ-lactones from pyridines and pyrazines. Eur J Org Chem 3724–2744Google Scholar
- Srinivasan JM, Burks HE, Smith CR, Viswanathan R, Johnston JN (2005) Free radical-mediated aryl amination: a practical synthesis of (R)- and (S)-7-azaindoline α-amino acid. Synth 330–333Google Scholar