An Overview of R&D Activities in Europe on Critical Information Infrastructure Protection (CIIP)
In recent years there has been an increasing R&D interest in critical infrastructures and their protection. However, this represents a still very immature field of research with very fuzzy and confused boundaries. This paper reports an initial overview of R&D activities in Europe on this topic to illustrate the state of art and to emphasize the major areas of research but also to identify the most relevant lacks.
KeywordsCritical Sector Critical Infrastructure Multiple Answer National Initiative Technology Provider
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.U.S. Government, The National Strategy for The Physical Protection of Critical Infrastructures and Key Assets. The White House, Washington (February 2003), www.whitehouse.gov/pcipb/physical.html
- 2.E.U. Commission: Green Paper on a European Programme for Critical Infrastructure Protection COM(2005)576, Brussels (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Bologna, S., Setola, R.: The Need to Improve Local Self-Awareness in CIP/CIIP. In: Proc. First IEEE International Workshop on Critical Infrastructure Protection (IWCIP 2005), Darmstadt, Germany, November 3–4, pp. 84–89 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Luiijf, E.A.M., Klaver, M.H.A.: International interdependency of C(I)IP in Europe. In: Proc. of CIP Europe 2005 - Critical Infrastructure Protection, GI CIS Forum, Bonn Germany, September 19 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Moteff, J., Copeland, C., Fischer, J.: Critical Infrastructures: What Makes an Infrastructure Critical? Report for Congress RL31556. The Library of Congress (August 2002), www.fas.org/irp/crs/RL31556.pdf
- 6.Dunn, M., Wigert, I.A.: International CIIP Handbook. In: Wenger, A., Mauer, V. (eds.) Zurich: ETH, The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (2004), www.isn.ethz.ch/crn/publications/publications_crn.cfm?pubid=494
- 7.U.S. Government, Interim National Infrastructure Protection Plan. The White House, Washington (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.U.S. Government (The Executive Office of the President and the Office of Science and Technology Policy), The National Plan for Research and Development in Support of Critical Infrastructure Protection, Washington, USA (April 2005), www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interweb/assetlibrary/ST-_2004_NCIP_RD_PlanFIN%ALApr05.pdf Google Scholar
- 9.CI2RCO project - Critical Information Infrastructure Research Co-ordination - web page, http://www.ci2rco.org
- 10.CI2RCO project delivery D10 - Gap Analysis of existing CIIP R&D Programmes at Regional, National and EU Level, www.ci2rco.org/downloadMaterial/IST-2004-15818%20-%20D10%20V%201.3.pdf
- 11.CI2RCO project delivery D3 - CIIP R&D Programmes, Projects and Actions Data Collection Overview, www.ci2rco.org/downloadMaterial/IST-2004-15818%20-%20D3%20V1.1.pdf
- 12.CI2RCO project delivery D6 - Report on the analysis and evaluation of CIIP R&D programmes, www.ci2rco.org/downloadMaterial/IST-2004-15818%20-%20D6%20V%201.3.4.pdf