ConTraST – A Configurable SDL Transpiler and Runtime Environment
ConTraST is a configurable C++ code generator that provides a mapping of SDL specifications in SDL/PR to an object oriented C++ representation. The transformation from one high level language to another allows the configuration of supported language features, giving the name: a configurable transpiler. The intention is to obtain the object oriented structure and thereby increase the readability and traceability of the generated code. This code is compiled together with an SDL runtime environment, which was derived by manually transforming the formal semantics of SDL-2000 standard Z.100 F.3 into C++ preserving both structure and behavior. This provides a continuous traceability from the SDL specification to the executing system including its runtime environment.
KeywordsFormal Semantic Runtime Environment Syntax Tree Language Feature Abstract State Machine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ITU-T Recommendation Z.100 (11/00) - Specification and Description Language (SDL), International Telecommunication Union (ITU), (11/00)Google Scholar
- 2.ITU-T Recommendation Z.100 (10/96) - Specification and Description Language (SDL), International Telecommunication Union (ITU), (03/93) + (10/96)Google Scholar
- 3.Weber, C.: Design And Implementation of a configurable SDL transpiler for a C++ runtime environment (in german), Diploma-Thesis, TU Kaiserslautern, Germany (December 2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Glässer, U., Gotzhein, R., Prinz, A.: An introduction to abstract state machines, Technical Report 326/03, University of Kaiserslautern (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Fliege, I., Geraldy, A.: Konzept und Struktur des SDL Environment Frameworks (SEnF) (in german), Technical Report 341/05, University of Kaiserslautern (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Microsoft Research. AsmL. http://research.microsoft.com/fse/AsmL/
- 10.Telelogic Tau 4.6, http://www.telelogic.com/corp/products/tau/sdl/
- 11.Rauchwerger, Y., Kristoffersen, F., Lahav, Y.: Cinderella SLIPPER: An SDL to C-Code Generator. SDL Forum, 210-223 (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Pragmadev Real Time Developer Studio, http://www.pragmadev.com/