Adaptive Data Hiding in Compressed Video Domain
In this paper we propose a new adaptive block based compressed domain data hiding scheme which can embed relatively large number of secret bits without significant perceptual distortion in video domain. Macro blocks are selected for embedding on the basis of low inter frame velocity. From this subset, the blocks with high prediction error are selected for embedding. The embedding is done by modifying the quantized DCT AC coefficients in the compressed domain. The number of coefficients (both zero and non zero) used in embedding is adaptively determined using relative strength of the prediction error block. Experimental results show that this blind scheme can embed a relatively large number of bits without degrading significant video quality with respect to Human Visual System (HVS).
KeywordsMotion Vector Video Quality Secret Message Watermark Scheme Normalize Mean Square Error
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kutter M., Jordan F. and Ebrahimi T.: Proposal of a watermarking technique for hiding/retriving data in compressed and decompressed video, Technical reportM2881, ISO/IEC document, JTC1/Sc29/WG11 (1997)Google Scholar
- 2.Jun, Z., Jiegu, L., Ling, Z.: Video Watermark technique in motion vector. In: Proceeding of XIV Brazilian Symposium on Computer graphics and Image Processing, pp. 179–182 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhu, Z., Jiang, G., Yu, M., Wu, X.: New algorithm for video watermarking, Signal Processing. In: 2002 6th International Conference on, August 26-30, 2002, vol. 1 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, L., Liang, H., Niu, X., Yang, Y.: A robust video watermarking in motion vectors, Signal Processing. In: Proceedings. ICSP 2004. 2004 7th International Conference on, August-4 September 2004, vol. 3 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, J., Maitre, H., Li, J., Zhang, L.: Embedding watermark in MPEG video sequence, Multimedia Signal Processing. In: 2001 IEEE Fourth Workshop on, October 3-5 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Mayache, A., Eude, T., Cherifi, H.: A comparison of image quality models and metrics based on human visual sensitivity, Image Processing. In: ICIP 1998. Proceedings. 1998 International Conference, October 4-7 (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Hazem, M., A., -O.: Evaluation of reconstruction quality in image vector quantisation using existing and new measures. IEE Proc.-Vis. Image Signal Process. 145(5) (October I998)Google Scholar