Color Correction System Using a Color Compensation Chart for the Images from Digital Camera
In this paper, we describe the color correction system using a color compensation chart for the color images from digital cameras. Most of the conventional methods for the color corrections of images are based on the spectral analysis for the captured images. The proposed system introduces a different approach for the color correction. That is, the color correction is performed by dynamic tone reproduction and direct transformation between the captured colors and the reference colors. The color correction process consists of two steps, i.e., the profile creation process and the profile application process. During the profile creation process, the relationships between the captured colors and the reference colors are estimated. And the system creates a color profile and embeds the estimation result in the profile. During the profile application process, the colors in the images which are captured under the same condition as that of the chart image are reproduced using the created color profile. To evaluate the performance of the system, we perform experiments under various conditions. And we compare the results with those of widely used commercial applications.
KeywordsColor Space Patch Color Color Correction White Balance Relative Brightness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Chen, H.S., Kotera, H.: Three-dimensional Gamut Mapping Method Based on the Concept of Image Dependence. Journal of Image Science and Technology 46(1), 44–52 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Komia, Y., Ohsawa, K., Ohya, Y., Obi, T., Yamaguchi, M., Ohyama, N.: Natural color reproduction system for telemedicine and its application to digital camera. In: IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, October 1999, pp. 50–54 (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Lee, E.J.: Favorite Color Reproduction for Reference Color. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, 10–15 (Feburary 1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Kim, D.H., Do, H.C., Chien, S.I.: Preferred Skin Color Reproduction Based On Adaptive Affine Transformation. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics 51(1) (Feburary 2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Ahn, B.T., Moon, E.B., Song, K.S.: Study of Skin Colors of Korean Women. In: Proceedings of SPSIE, June 2002, vol. 4421, pp. 705–708 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Jun, J.S.: A Study on the Color Scheme of Urban Landscape Based on Digital Image Color Analysis. Yonsei Graduate School of Human Environmental Sciences (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Specification ICC.1:2004-10, International Color Consortium (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Nakamura, S.: Applied Numerical Methods in C. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1995)Google Scholar