Abstract Transaction Construct: Building a Transaction Framework for Contract-Driven, Service-Oriented Business Processes
Transaction support is vital for reliability of business processes which nowadays can involve dynamically composed services across organizational boundaries. However, no single transaction model is comprehensive enough to accommodate various transactional properties demanded by these processes. Therefore we develop the Business Transaction Framework, which is built on Abstract Transactional Constructs (ATCs). ATCs are abstract types of existing transaction models that can be composed and executed in a service-oriented transaction framework according to the ATC algebra. By selecting and composing ATCs on demand, flexible and reliable process execution is guaranteed.
KeywordsBusiness Process Service Composite Business Transaction Travel Agency Transaction Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Sorrosal, F.P., no Martýnez, M.P., Peris, R.J.: Prototype of the transactional engine, deliverable d4, adapt project (2004), http://adapt.ls.fi.upm.es/
- 3.Bunting, D., et al.: Web Services Composite Application Framework (2003) available at, http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/webservices/wscaf/primer.pdf
- 4.Cabrera, L.F., et al.: Web Services Transactions (2005) available at, http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/specification/ws-tx/
- 5.Papazoglou, M.: Web services and business transactions. World Wide Web: Internet and Web Information Systems 6, 49–91 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, T., Vonk, J., Grefen, P.: Analysis on a contract-driven workflow process from a transactional perspective. XTC working document, Eindhoven University of Technology (2006)Google Scholar