A Hybrid Intelligent Preventive Fault-Tolerant QoS Unicast Routing Scheme in IP over DWDM Optical Internet
IP over DWDM (Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing) optical Internet is one of the mainstream networking techniques for NGI (Next Generation Internet) backbone, and how to improve its fault-tolerance capability and QoS provision becomes critical. Fault-tolerant QoS routing is one of the effective solutions. In this paper, a preventive fault-tolerant QoS unicast routing scheme is proposed based on a hybrid intelligent algorithm, taking advantage of both ant-colony algorithm and genetic algorithm. Simulation results have shown that the proposed scheme is both feasible and effective with better performance.
KeywordsDestination Node Crossover Operation Attraction Strength Delay Jitter Dense Wavelength Division Multiplex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wang, X.W., Li, J., Lin, W.H., Huang, M.: Research on Fault-Tolerant Routing Mechanism in IP/DWDM Optical Internet. Journals of Northeastern university 25(11), 1054–1057 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, X.W., Cai, S.X., Huang, M.: A Reactive Fault-Tolerant Integrated QoS Unicast Routing Scheme in IP over DWDM Optical Internet. Journals of Northeastern University (accepted)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, Z., Crowcroft, J.: Quality of Service Routing for Supporting Multimedia Applications. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications 14(7), 1288–1294 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Mohan, G., Somani, A.K.: Routing Dependable Connections with Specified Failure Restoration Guarantees in WDM Networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE Infocom, vol. 3, pp. 1767–1770 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Graham, R., Levine, J.: A Hybrid Ant Algorithm for Scheduling Independent Jobs in Heterogeneous Computing Environments. American Association for Artificial Intelligence (2004), http://www.aaai.org
- 10.Shi, R.F., Zhou, H., Tan, X.W.: Progressive Multi-Objective Genetic Algorithm. Theory and Practice of System Engineering 12, 48–57 (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.George, N.: Routing and Wavelength Assignment in Optical WDM Networks, pp. 34–82. Wiley and Sons, Chichester (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Wei, J.L., Xiao, Y.H., Zhang, C.: Architecture of NS and Its Extending. Computer Simulation 21(8), 179–182 (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Yu, Y.: Research and Simulated Implementation on Ant-Colony-Algorithm-Based Fault-Tolerant Routing Mechanisms in IP over DWDM Optical Internet. Northeastern University, Shengyang (2005)Google Scholar