Capturing an Intruder in Product Networks
In this paper, we envision a solution to the problem of capturing an intruder in a product network. This solution is derived based on the assumed existing algorithms for basic member graphs of a graph product. In this problem, a team of cleaner agents are responsible for capturing a hostile intruder in the network. While the agents can move in the network one hop at a time, the intruder is assumed to be arbitrarily fast in a way that it can traverse any number of nodes contiguously as far as no agents reside in those nodes. Here, we consider a version of the problem where each agent can replicate new agents. Hence, the algorithm start with a single agent and new agents are created on demand.
KeywordsSpan Tree Neighboring Node Chromatic Number Graph Product Product Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Barrière, L., Flocchini, P., Fraignaud, P., Santoro, N.: Capture of an intruder by mobile agents. In: Proc. 14th ACM Symposium on Parallel Algorithms and Architectures (SPAA), Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, pp. 200–209 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Day, K., Al-Ayyoub, A.: Minimal Fault Diameter of Highly resilient Product Networks. IEEE Trans. On Parallel and Distributed Systems 11(9) (September 2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Flocchini, P., Huang, M.J., Luccio, F.L.: Contiguous search in the hypercube for capturing an intruder. In: Proc. 19th IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), Denver, Colorado (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Harary, F.: On the Group of the Composition of Two Graphs. Duke Math. J. 26 (1959)Google Scholar
- 11.Imani, N., Sarbazi-Azad, H., Zomaya, A.Y.: Intrusion capturing in product networks, Technical Report TR-3-2006, IPM, School of Computer Science, Tehran, Iran (March 2006)Google Scholar
- 14.Ku, S., Wang, B., Hung, T.: Constructing Edge-Disjoint Spanning Trees in Product Networks. IEEE Transaction on Parallel And Distributed Systems 14(3) (March 2003)Google Scholar
- 17.Yospanya, P., Laekhanukit, B., Nanongkai, D., Fakcharoenphol, J.: Detecting and cleaning intruders in sensor networks. In: Proceedings of the National Comp. Sci. and Eng. Conf. (NCSEC 2004) (2004)Google Scholar