Structuring Hypermedia Novels
A generic structure for media-oriented modular storytelling is presented. The concept is based on a simple container and content model. We also show how various paths along a continuous storyline and branching threads can be organized. An initial implementation is compared with a second, more general and flexible structuring approach.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Heiden, W., Frühling, C., Deuer, H.: Hypermedia Novel HYMN - A New Storytelling Paradigm. In: Proceedings cast 2001, St. Augustin, D (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Sharda, N.: Movement Oriented Design: A New Paradigm for Multimedia Design. International Journal of Lateral Computing (IJLC) 1(1), 7–14 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Spaniol, M.: Enhancing MECCA for Movement Inspired Story-Telling (MIST): Conceptualization and Realization of an MPEG-7 based Story-Telling Environment. In: 3rd MPEG-7/21 Community Workshop, Aachen, D, November 25 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.The Scorpion King. Universal Pictures (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.The Mummy Returns. Universal Pictures (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Held, G., Ullrich, T., Neumann, A., Winter, A.: Comparing.SWF (ShockWave Flash) and SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) file format specifications, September 05 (2006), (accessed), http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/comparison_flash_svg/index.shtml