Parallel Processing Applied on the Electric Grounding Systems Design
Electrical engineering is a source of problems that can take advantage of the parallel processing on computing. It happens once the kind of numeric solution is often done by the evaluation of linear equations put in matrix style. Concrete encased grounding systems are a powerful answer to the grounding design problem. It uses the metal embedded in the concrete structure of the building as grounding electrodes. Nevertheless, the great demand of computer processing, necessary to calculate such a grounding system, makes it difficult to use sequential program implementation. This paper presents the basis of the engineering problem and a parallel tool, called PENCAPS, that implements the numeric solution developed to solve concrete encased electrode grounding systems.
KeywordsPotential Profile Grounding System Main Matrix Parallel Tool High Performance Processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Visacro, S.F., Ribeiro, H.A., Palmeira, P.F.M.: Evaluation of Potential Distribution at Vicinities of Grounding Configurations Comprising Both Concrete Encased Electrodes and Conventional Meshes. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Grounding and Earthing - GROUND 2000, Belo Horizonte, Brazil, pp. 123–126 (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Ribeiro, H.A.: Development of a Computational Tool for the Performance Evaluation of the Concrete Encased Grounding Systems Over Low Frequency Phenomena. M.SC Thesis – (in Portuguese), UFMG, Belo Horizonte, Brazil (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Visacro, S.F.: Aterramentos Elétricos, Alphagraphics, Belo Horizonte (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Visacro, S.F., Ribeiro, H.A.: Some Evaluations Concerning the Performance of Concrete-Encased Electrodes. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Grounding and Earthing - GROUND 1998, Belo Horizonte, Brazil, pp. 63–67 (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Snir, M., Otto, S., Lederman, S.H., Walker, D., Dongarra, J.: MPI: The Complete Reference. The MIT Press, London (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Visacro, S.F., Vale, M.H.M., Birchal, M.A.S.: Grounding Safety Analysis: Interconnect-ing Substation Grid to External Electrodes. In: Proceedings of the IX Symposium of Special-ists in Electric Operational and Expansion Planning, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Birchal, M.A.S., Vale, M.H.M., Visacro, S.F.: Analysis of Risk Conditions on Intercon-nected Grounding Systems: Concrete Encased Electrodes and Grid. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Grounding and Earthing – GROUND 2004, Belo Horizonte, Brazil, pp. 297–301 (2004)Google Scholar