Web Service Resource Framework Based Computing Service Framework for Computational Grid Applications
Grid and Web service technology can be used as a solution for the resource shortage problem. These two technologies are used to be applied to MPI (message passing interface) applications to design a framework to deploy MPI applications on OGSA (open Grid service architecture). In particular, we modeled MPI applications as WS-Resources. We call the WS-Resource “MPI resource” and it is composed of an MPI application and its associated dynamically created running environment. Thus, an MPI resource represents one MPI task. Through this model, MPI applications can be published to the world of the Grid. In addition, running environment is dynamically created from resources chosen among distributed idle resources on the Grid. Deployed MPI resources are utilized by other services. Especially in virtual organizations, MPI resources can have the roles responsible for computing task as computing resources for compute-intensive works and data resources for data-intensive works.
KeywordsMessage Passing Interface Grid Service Client Program Flat File Soap Message
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Foster, I., Kesselman, C., Nick, J.M., Tuecke, S.: Grid services for distributed system integration. IEEE Computer 35(6), 37–46 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Gannon, D., Alameda, J., Chipara, O., Christie, M., Dukle, V., Fang, L., Farellee, M., Fox, G., Hampton, S., Kandaswamy, G., Kode-boyina, D., Moad, C., Pierce, M., Plale, B., Rossi, A., Simmhan, Y., Sarangi, A., Slominski, A., Shirasauna, S., Thomas, T.: Building grid portal applications from a Web-service component architecture. Proceedings of the IEEE (Special issue on Grid Computing) 93(3), 551–563 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Delaitre, T., Goyeneche, A., Kacsuk, P., Kiss, T., Terstyanszky, G.Z., Winter, S.C.: GEMLCA: Grid Execution Management for Legacy Code Architecture Design. In: Conf. Proc. of the 30th EUROMICRO Conference (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Web Service Resource Framework (WSRF) TC, Web Services Resources specification 1.2, OASIS (2005) Google Scholar
- 7.Puppin, D., Tonellotto, N., Laforenza, D.: How to Run Scientific Applications over Web Services. In: ICPP Workshops, pp. 29–33 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Taiani, F., Hiltunen, M., Schlichting, R.: The impact of Web service integration on grid per-formance, High Performance Distributed Computing, In: HPDC-14. Proceedings 14th IEEE International Symposium, July 24-27, pp. 14–23 (2005)Google Scholar