An Open Environment for Compositional Software Development
The paper describes a concept of an open cooperative web platform for developing, designing and executing “compositional” applications, here interpreted as instances dynamically composed of three kinds of semantically interrelated resources. The resources include interoperable components, textual schemas describing their functionality and structuring rules as well as textual definitions of application structure and content. The described open software environment is built on top of emerging XML based standards and technologies of web and grid services. Its functionality comprises managing application resources and transforming them into contextual GUI which supports activities of developing, composing and executing applications. Users and developers contribute to evolutional growth of application resources by creating new definitions, specifying new schemas and implementing components. Semantic Web concepts with RDF/RDF Schema language are applied to organize resource pools accessible in the environment framework.
KeywordsSemantic Category Virtual Community Grid Service Semantic Place Application Category
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhou, J., Stålhane., T.: A Component-based Reference Model for Web-based Systems. In: Proc. the 8th IASTED International Conference on Software Engineering and Applications, MA, USA, November 9-11, MIT Press, Cambridge (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Goguen, J., Lin, K.: Web-based Support for Cooperative Software Engineering. Annals of Software Engineering 12(1) (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Open Grid Services Infrastructure (OGSI), http://www.ggf.org/ogsi-wg
- 5.MDA Specifications: The Architecture of Choice for a Changing World, www.omg.org/mda/specs.htm
- 6.Globus Toolkit 4.0 Release Manuals, http://www.globus.org/toolkit/docs/4.0/