Multi-stream Based Rendering Resource Interception and Reconstruction in D3DPR for High-Resolution Display
In order to bring Direct3D9 application to run on PC clusters for high-resolution display with no modification, we have firstly presented D3DPR parallel rendering system. According to multi-stream scene data organization and storage mode of Direct3D9, rendering resource has been classified as command stream, vertex stream, index stream and texture stream in D3DPR and the rendering resource interception and reconstruction becomes the most crucial problem. In this paper, above all we give an overview of D3DPR system architecture. Subsequently we bring forward multi-stream based rendering resource interception in D3DPR. In this section, we design DPGL, i.e. Direct3D9-based Parallel Graphics Library, through which the rendering information of Direct3D9 application can be converted into the above described rendering resource. Finally we focus on multi-stream based rendering resource reconstruction in D3DPR, through which the rendering command and scene data was reconstructed.
KeywordsGraphic Card Graphic Hardware Logical Node Parallel Rendering Video Memory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Humphreys, G., et al.: WireGL: A Scalable Graphics System for Clusters. In: Proceedings of ACM SIGGRAPH 2001 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Schaeffer, B.: A Software System for Inexpensive VR via Graphics Clusters (2000), http://www.isl.uiuc.edu/ClusteredVR/paper/DGDoverview.htm
- 6.Schaeffer, B., Goudeseune, C.: Syzygy: Native PC Cluster VR. In: Proceeding of IEEE Virtual Reality (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Germans, D., Spoelder, H.J.W., et al.: VIRPI: A High-Level Toolkit for Interactive Scientific Visualiza ion in Virtual Reality. In: Proc. Immersive Projection Technology/ Eurographics Virtual Environments Workshop, Stuttgart (May 2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Update (Summer downloads (2003), http://www.microsoft.com/
- 10.Ni, T., Schmidt, G.S., et al.: A Survey of Large High-Resolution Display Technologies, Techniques, and Application. In: IEEE Virtual Reality 2006 (March 2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Li, C., Jin, Z., Shi, J.: MSPR:A Retained-Mode Based Multiscreen Parallel Rendering System. In: The 4th International Conference on Virtual Reality and its Application in Industry, Tianjin, P.R. China (2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Yang, J., Shi, J., Jin, Z., Zhang, H.: Design and Implementation of A Large-scale Hybrid Distributed Graphics System. In: Eurographics Workshop on Parallel Graphics and Visualization, Saarbruecken, Germany (2002)Google Scholar