A Robust and Secure RFID-Based Pedigree System (Short Paper)
There has been considerable interest recently on developing a system to track items like pharmaceutical drugs or food products. Such a system can help prevent counterfeits, aid product recall, and improve general logistics. In this paper, we present such system based on radio frequency identity (RFID) technology. Our solution provides the means of storing the entire movement of the item from original manufacturer to final consumer on the RFID tag itself, and also makes it more difficult to introduce large numbers of counterfeits. The solution also allows the end user to easily verify the authenticity of the item.
KeywordsMemory Cell Counterfeit Product Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Malicious Agent Electronic Pedigree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Avoine, G.: http://lasecwww.epfl.ch/~gavoine/rfid/
- 2.Dimitriou, T.: A lightweight RFID protocol to protect against traceability and cloning attacks. In: Conference on Security and Privacy for Emerging Areas in Communication Networks – SecureComm, Athens, Greece. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Gonzalez, H., Han, J., Li, X., Klabjan, D.: Warehousing and analyzing massive rfid data sets. In: ICDE 2006: Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2006), Washington, DC, USA, p. 83. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Hassan, T., Chatterjee, S.: A taxonomy for rfid. HICSS 8, 184 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Texas Instruments Incorporated. Securing the pharmaceutical supply chain with rfid and public-key infrastructure (PKI) technologies, http://www.ti.com/rfid/docs/customer/eped-form.shtml
- 9.MobileMagazine, http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/104/c2607/
- 13.Yoshida, J.: Tests reveal e-passport security flaw. EE Times (2004)Google Scholar